Sunday, May 12, 2024

Ms. Skinner's Kindergarten Class at Bohach Elementary

NV Awe- a concept that encompasses the imagination of Nevada. I remember being a child and laying on the soft green grass, looking up in the sky and imagining all of the characters I could see in the clouds. Giant mountains surrounded me no matter where I was in the community. They reached the skies and I remember believing they protected me always. 

I have watched my daughter grow up around the same beautiful landscape as I did.  I watch her get excited over the many species of birds that fly by the windows or make nests in the trees. I smile when she copies the rumbling sound of thunder as the spring storms roll through. I couldn’t wait to see how her classmates imagined their experience in Nevada. 

At first, we were nervous that the kindergartens wouldn’t want to share their discs. 

However, we were quickly shown that they were not only up for the collaboration but excited to share their experience together.  Nevada sunsets, bugs, weather, trees, and picnics under the sun once imagined came to life on the discs. 

Reliving the memories of once being a child, I rediscovered my love for Nevada and all the beauty it holds. From the grass, to the mountains and into the clouds—we are all left in AWE.  - Rebecca Lewis - Emsley’s mom.








No comments:

Post a Comment