Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Elaine Parks and Sidne Teske

Sidne Teske: One day early in the summer of 2023 Elaine Parks and I went to Candace Garlock’s printmaking studio to learn about Gelli printing. I became fascinated and decided to try the effect on the wooden rounds that I got from Candace. I wanted transparent organic shapes that could easily be combined with other imagery. I also didn’t want whatever I made to compete with what Elaine was doing with her woodburning. I was hoping that our end products would be fun to look at with images that the mind and eye could play with. I think they might be fun story starters.

Elaine: I got 10 discs from Candace and right away asked Sidne Teske if she'd like half. 

Sidne worked on 3 of my discs and I worked on 5 of hers. I had my wood burning tool out, so I played around with that as a start and Sidne did some gelli printing on top. Sidne gave me discs with both gelli printing and wood burning.

Sidne and I were both recently introduced and subsequently hooked on gelli printing by Candace at her wonderful studio.

And all the discs fit nicely in a President Brie box :)







No comments:

Post a Comment