Saturday, July 13, 2024

Chickadee Ridge by Penny Pemberton

 Inspired by an art journalling day on July 7, 2012

Chickadee ridge, Mount Rose, with Carol Neel, Penny Pemberton & Candace Garlock. Feeding the Chickadees &  sketching.


“I hear you call

Your call comes to me

From a distant tree

Chickadee dee dee

I love the birds I hear & see

But my favorite is the Chickadee.”


Tich Nhat Hanh, Grand Shambala 


“When we see that the Earth is not just the environment, that the Earth is in us, at that moment you can have real communion with the Earth.  The Earth is a living, sentient being.  The Earth gave birth to us, and the Earth will receive us again.  Nothing is lost.  Nothing is born.  Nothing dies.  We don’t need to wait until after our body has disintegrated to go back to Mother Earth.  We are going back to Mother Earth at every moment.  The Earth is a Bodhisattva, a great and compassionate being.  A Bodhisattva is a being who has awakening, understanding and love .  A Bodhisattva doesn’t have to be human being. Touching the earth, you touch the nature of no birth and no death.”


We were touched by a Bodhisattva, a Chickadee.


“ I heard her song, and I replied

‘Will you come to me?’

She heard my song, and came to see

‘Who is calling me?’

Gently she perched on my hand,

 & accepted my sunflower seed.

Unafraid, nonjudgmental & free.

Today I was touched by a Bodhisattva,

A Chickadee”. 


Penny Pemberton



No comments:

Post a Comment