Sunday, June 30, 2024

Artist Moms by Rossitza Todorova

Rachel Stiff send me her disc and included a Nikita Gill quote. It made me think of how interconnected we all are. As artists we are inspired by nature, culture and each other. 

“We have calcium in our bones, iron in our veins, carbon in our souls, and nitrogen in our brains. 93 percent stardust, with souls made of flames, we are all just stars that have people names.” - Nikita Gill




For me this piece became about the body. Rachel Stiff started it, and we both had our daughters within two months of each other. Personally, I needed a lot of medical intervention to become pregnant. The silver leaf feels invasive, like the doctor’s visits, injections, and prolonged hospital stay I experienced. The silver is very visible from one angle, but disappears from another angle. Medical care can feel that way too, invisible but always there. 



This collaboration between my daughter age 4 months and Candace’s granddaughter aged 5 fills my heart. 


Creativity and creative expression is apart of everyone from the start. We all want to make and see how others react to them. I hope this is the start of a lifetime of creativity for Catherine. 










No comments:

Post a Comment